Hey blogging friends! My wonderfully talented friend Lauren is the mastermind behind the $35 Food Challenge and we have come up with a cool way to raise funds for Foodbank this October. I know lots of you beauty, fashion, and lifestyle girls are also big foodies, so please get involved in this!
The Potluck Club
The Potluck Club is a new ecookbook of simple, affordable recipes that anyone can cook. A fundraising initiative for The $35 Food Challenge, the ebook will be sold to raise money forFoodbank Australia. A collaboration between food bloggers and budding home chefs, we are now seeking submissions for our first issue.
- Submit 1-2 original recipes of 200-300 words and a brief 50 word bio by Saturday September 4th 2012 to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit 1 high resolution photo (minimum height 1000px) per recipe and one avatar (300px square – optional)
Deadline: Submissions close Saturday September 4th.
What are we looking for?
We welcome a wide variety of recipe submissions to The Potluck Club, however the emphasis is on affordable food, so steer clear of hard to find or expensive ingredients- no truffle oil, expensive cuts of meat, isreali couscous, purslane, etc.
We would love anything that is culturally specific or that people might not know how to make (shakshouka, summmer rolls) or really on trend (peanut butter bacon maple hotcakes, easy pulled pork)…while still being relatively inexpensive.
The book will be in 3 sections:
- Share Plates and Sides
- Something Substantial
The fine print:
- You are welcome to submit previously published recipes and images, on the understanding that they are your original work and you retain the rights to them.
- You can submit as many recipes as you like, but we will only publish a maximum of 2 recipes from each contributor. All contributions must be received via email by Saturday September 4th.
- We encourage you to promote The Potluck Club on your own blog and will provide a visual ‘badge’ to link to our online store so that your readers may purchase it.
- As The Potluck Club is a fundraising e-book, with all profits going to Foodbank Australia, submissions will not be paid for, however all recipes will be attributed to you and include your blog url. Your bio and picture will also be included in the ecookbook (submitting a photo of yourself is optional).
- If your photographs do not fit with the ecookbook aesthetic, we reserve the right to re-photograph your dish. We also reserve the right to reformat your recipe/s to fit with our layout.