I love a product that’s a two-fer. Like a lipstick that you can also use as a creme blush, or a pancake that doubles as a hat. Vaseline is a bit more than a two-fer though. Is there a bathroom in Australia that doesn’t have a tub of Vaseline lurking somewhere under a sink or up the back of a cupboard? I use Vaseline a lot, and for things that you might not even think of. And to that end, I have pulled together what I call Elise’s Top 10 Uses For The Humble Vaseline.
– A little bit on an old (clean) mascara brush for taming brows
– A touch on your fingers to smooth over annoying flyaway hairs
– Vaseline on a soft cloth to buff and polish your patent leather shoes and bags – excellent for scuff marks
– Smoothed around the cuticles before you paint your nails to stop your colour staining, and to help get any ‘outside the lines’ off easily
– A dab mixed with loose colour pigments (MAC pigments work especially well) to create a blush or eye shadow that moisturizes and has staying power
– If you live in a really cold climate, smear Vaseline on your keys to stop your locks freezing – thankfully I haven’t had to do this one for a while. This also works for rusty locks
– Slather it on your feet to help prevent friction and blisters if you are doing lots of walking or running (and a bit on your nipples too if you’re going for a long run!)
– Little bit on a cotton bud to remove eyelash glue from your lash line
– Run some around your hairline when you’re dying your hair at home so you don’t end up with that telltale line
– Skip your illuminator and smear a little on the tops of your cheeks for a dewy finish
Do you have any other uses for Vaseline? Sure you do. Everyone does! Feel free to add to my list below – I’m always curious to see how others use this versatile product.