How to: Care for your Clarisonic

As a hardcore Clarisonic fan, I felt somewhat qualified to record this video. Watch it if you have a Clarisonic. Watch it if you are planning to buy a Clarisonic. Watch it to count how many times I say umm and turn it into a drinking game (surprise ending: you get drunk). For the love of monkeys, watch it!

7 Responses to "How to: Care for your Clarisonic"

1. frances

April 24, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Hey, what was the name of the first cleanser you mentioned?

2. Elise @ Stuff That I Bought

April 25, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Hey Frances – it’s Lapurete Okuru Creme Cleanser. Check out http://www.lapurete.com.au for deets

3. Amie

April 26, 2012 at 8:22 pm

I love, love, LOVE and adore my Clarisonic Mia. Best thing I have ever purchased for my skin care routine. Well worth the money 🙂

4. Vivian - vxdollface

May 1, 2012 at 4:45 pm

damn! wish i watched this before i stocked up on many ‘normal’ head brushes! great tips though 🙂
    what sort of antibacterial wash are you using to clean it? will dettol diluted in water work.. or is that too harsh?

5. Elise @ Stuff That I Bought

May 4, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Vivian – I use rubbing alcohol on a q-tip for getting between the bristles and crevices, and then rinse it in REALLY hot water. Diluted dettol should also do the trick, although make sure it is pretty diluted and rinse really carefully – you don’t want it to end up on your face by accident! I always get paranoid when I clean mine so I probably over-rinse.

6. Lyrebird.Lyrebird

May 7, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Hey there,

I’ve been hot cloth cleansing (basically just using an IKEA flannel) on the recommendation of The Guardian’s beauty writer Sali Hughes and I’ve found it to be fantastic… though I am tempted by the Clarisonic. Particularly its claim to help refine pores. Do you know if that claim is true?

Thanks!

7. Elise @ Stuff That I Bought

May 9, 2012 at 2:23 am

I am fortunate enough that I don’t have big pores to begin with so I can’t give you a definitive answer from my own experience, but one of the main claims of the Clarisonic is that it cleans and refines pores. All the data I have seen (admittedly, from the Clarisonic people themselves) indicates that it definitely does help with pore refinement. I would definitely endorse it, but I know it’s a fair sum of money to spend without a yes or no answer to your question. It’s really worth it though!

Submit a comment