I went on a tropical holiday and didn’t take a razor

True story. I went to Hawaii for a week and didn’t take any sort of hair removal device. Crazy, right? It’s still blowing my mind that I don’t have hair under my arms anymore. I had my second laser hair removal about 2 weeks before I left, even though the hair hadn’t grown back from the first session. The laser was a little bit stronger second time around so it hurt a fraction more, but not to the point where it was unbearable. Besides, it’s only five minutes of pain and I just kept reminding myself the whole time ‘no more hair, no more hair, NO MORE HAIR’.

It was also pretty nice being able to throw on a bikini every day and not having to worry about strays (y’know what I’m talking about). I waxed my legs before I left (am I oversharing yet? ) but I also have an at home IPL that I’m trialling at the moment – I’ll let you know what I think soon. That all said, I’m actually considering lasering my legs. Has anyone done this? I imagine it would be well worth it, but it takes about 45 minutes, and 5-mins of pain vs 45-mins is a huge difference.

While I’ve got you – don’t forget you can get discounted laser hair removal just for being awesome. If you’re a Sydney reader and you head into Leah’s Waxworks in Mid City Centre, mention Stuff That I Bought and you’ll get $10 off any treatment valued over $50. The deal is valid until September 1st, 2011, so plenty of time to get hairless before summer.

(side note: I’m sticking with the Leah’s logo because it’s really hard to find an appropriate image to go with a hair removal post)

For more about my laser hair removal journey, flick through some old posts.

8 Responses to "I went on a tropical holiday and didn’t take a razor"

1. Anonymous

June 5, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I get my legs lasered (half leg, to above the knee).
    My underarms, bikini amd legs take an hour- and the difference is fantastic! I find the bikini is quite pianful but the legs are fine. faaaaaar less painful then waxing whereas i find the bikini laser a lot more painful then waxing.

i could get adddicted to these lasers…

(p.s i don't have a google account or a website so have to sign in as anon! where's the 'enter your name bit?!)

2. Elise @ StuffThatIBought

June 5, 2011 at 11:32 pm

That's so weird, there should be a name/URL option when you post a comment – you can put any old URL in there just so you can put your name!

That's good news about the leg being less painful than waxing. I think I'm going to give it a go!

3. wonaldng

June 6, 2011 at 6:47 am

When I'm out in my favourite mankini, it's a similar problem. I just get it all waxed, as painful as it might be, you want to look your best out there.

4. theloveofpink

June 7, 2011 at 4:01 am

I get my legs lasered! pain is totes fine. it's a million times less painful than waxing, and I am the biggest wuss in the world. my pits are the most painful to laser, actually. but it's still tolerable. x

5. Elise @ StuffThatIBought

June 7, 2011 at 7:28 am

Ah pinky my love, that makes me feel a whole lot better. I think I'm gonna do it!

6. Sher

June 7, 2011 at 11:48 am

I love Leah's Waxworks! I'm so impressed with my underarms and my bikini area.
    My last treatment hardly hurt (my previous ones had been a pain ouchy for my liking) apparently it gets easier once more hair follicles are killed.. woohoo!

I thought about lasering my legs but im a big old chicken and couldnt handle the pain for that long 🙁

x

7. Elise @ StuffThatIBought

June 7, 2011 at 11:51 am

I hope you're going to the city Leah's and using my discount code Sher! I'll do the leg laser and tell you how it goes – the idea of never shaving or waxing again is incredibly appealing.

8. Shay

June 20, 2011 at 8:57 am

I think I need to jump on this bandwagon!

Submit a comment