Are you on the Honey Honey mailing list? No? Well then, you missed out last Friday. I was waxing lyrical about bags and brownies and manicures and music in their weekly newsletter.
One of the things I talked about was my go-to comfort food – magical chocolate brownies that I make myself. Toot toot, these babies are amazing. I have been using the same recipe for years and it never ever lets me down. I had a few requests on twitter to share, so here it is.
½ cup cocoa
2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon imitation vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease a 20x30cm tin.
- Put butter and cocoa in a large pan. Melt gently over very low heat (careful not to boil it!)
- Add sugar and vanilla. Stir really well.
- Remove pan from heat. Sift in the flour. Stir.
- Add eggs. Beat mixture well.
- Spread evenly in tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
I occasionally add chopped up white chocolate into the mixture while I’m pouring it into the pan, just in case I want to turn a sweet treat into a super sweet treat (not advised for diabetics – this is coma-inducing). You can also add walnuts or hazelnuts for extra crunch. Serve them hot with ice cream or let them cool just a bit and eat them when they’re all fudgy and chewy.
Thanks to the Honey Honey girls for having me! I’ll tell you about my recent HH purchase soon.